IELTS Reading Test needs preparation under an expert coach associated with top IELTS coaches in Gurgaon. Join IELTS GURGAON for IELTS coaching in Gurgaon. IELTS GURGAON is one of the most reputed IELTS coaching centers in Gurgaon. For IELTS Reading Test, you will be given three different passages to read, before responding to related questions. Remember, content of the IELTS Reading test is different for IELTS Academics and IELTS General Training tests. Your expert coach from a reputed IELTS coaching institute in Gurgaon should be able to help you prepare yourself.
Tips and Tricks
Under the guidance of an expert coach, you can prepare yourself for the IELTS Reading test. Apart from rigorous reading practice, you also need to ensure you work on your time management skills. You will be given 60 minutes to complete your IELTS Reading test. Ensure you devote not more than 10 minutes for the first passage, 15 minutes for the second passage and 20 minutes for the third passage. The remaining 10 minutes are crucial for you to keep spare as this is the time that can then be peacefully used go through the answers and make all necessary corrections.
- Do not open the questions paper until you are asked to do so
- Do not forget to write your name and candidate number in the space given for the same
- Do not skip reading the instructions and ensure you make an attempt to answer all the questions
- Do not waste time on any question that takes more than a minute of your time. You can return to it later
- Do not use a pen and do not carry any separate answer sheet. Use a pencil and use the answer sheet given to you
- The opening and closing paragraphs are important as they will give you a gist of what the passage is all about
- Mark all important figures / names that you come across as you skim through the passage. This will help you save time while answering the questions
What Will You Learn From the Course
Your coach at the IELTS training center in Gurgaon will help you with multiple mock tests. You will be introduced to various accents. From the course you will learn:
- Common questions that are asked
- Recognising various accents / dialects
- Concentrating on information being shared
- Test format
- Mock tests
- Intensive practice sessions for class room study & self-study
- Time management skills
- Access to relevant study material
- Access to relevant reference material
IELTS Reading: FAQs ?
Below are answers to frequently asked questions and information about IELTS reading. If you can’t find the information you want, then post me a question at the bottom of the page.
IELTS is the acronym for ‘International English Language Testing System’.
All four of the IELTS tests – IELTS Reading, IELTS Writing, IELTS Speaking and IELTS Listening are compulsory. You do not have a choice.
No. Both of these IELTS tests are different. Your coach from a reputed IELTS training institute in Gurgaon will be able to help you with the preparation.
You will take your IELTS Listening test first, while the Reading and Writing tests follow later on the same day. Depending on the IELTS / ielts test centre, your Speaking test may be taken on the same day or within a week before or after the other tests.
There is no pass or fail in any of the IELTS tests. IELTS / ielts scores are graded on a 9-band system. Your final test results will grade your individual band scores for Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking tests along with an overall band score on a scale of 1 to 9.
Read as much as you can. Read books, newspapers, magazines and any other reading material you can lay your hands on.
You will be given 60 minutes to complete your IELTS Reading test.
You will be given three passages to read, which will be related questions on each of the passages given to you. The first passage is the simplest of all.