IELTS Listening test is one among the other 3 important tests which the candidates need to take. The IELTS is conducted to assess your English proficiency and comprises of Listening, Speaking, Reading and the Writing test.
Talking about the IELTS Listening test, the same needs to be completed within the 30 allotted minutes. One needs to answer the 4 subsections and 40 questions in total. 10 minutes are allotted in extra to transfer your answers to the answer sheet.
Content of Listening test
1. One can hear 2 people conversating in the first 2 listening passages. Herein information is requested by one from another.
2. The 3rd passage might include a conversation between 2 or 3 speakers. This passage is based upon the theme of a university or a college. It can be either a presentation or a project, herein to be talked about.
3. The 4th passage, on the other hand, is a lecture passage. Herein only 1 person is found talking.
4.All the 4 passages play in sequence and get complex moving ahead.
Instruction for IELTS Listening test
1. Open the question paper, only when asked to. A little patience might help herein.
2. One needs to write their name and candidate number on the top of the page, within the respective spaces.
3. One needs to listen to the instructions provided carefully for each part of the paper.
4. Try to answer all the questions. Remember, there is no negative marking herein.
5.Use the question paper to write the answers, while you listen to the audio.
6.Use a pencil while you fill in the answers in the last 10 minutes allotted for same.
Preparation for IELTS Listening test
Different institutes provide different ways to make you learn the best way to tackle the Listening test of IELTS. Some of the important tips provided by IELTSGurgaon.com are:
1. Reading the instructions carefully one needs to listen to the audio clips with interest. Don’t waste the opportunity while listening as the passage gets played just once.
2. Remember there is been provided 30 seconds break between each listening and 20 seconds break with the questions of each set to go around.
3. The spare time available must be used wisely by the candidates. It must be used to read the questions and have a page survey for an idea over the context. Try to connect the person, the purpose and the place better. Make sure you know what the information predicts or what information you might need from the data being provided. Pay close attention to it all.
4. Try writing answers on the question papers hearing the audio.
5. Don’t worry about spell-checking. Keep writing. The 10 minutes will be enough to keep a check over the same while you transfer the answers in the answer sheet.
6. Keep listening. Don’t stop. Sometimes the speaker either change their mind and the answer you think you got might not be the correct one.
7. With a question in one, try anticipating the other question in the head.
8. Don’t panic if you think you missed the first answer. Move to the next one.
9. Try to use the synonyms of the questions. The better it gets the better it would be for you to answer along.
10. 10 minutes are provided to transfer the answers to the answer sheet. Try making less of spell mistakes or the grammatically correct. Try to cross-check the spellings. Also, try to put the right answers for the right questions. Any wrong answer will affect your scorecard. Better be assured, the answer you use is correct one.
ieltsgurgaon.com and the team of professionals therein help provide you with theright knowledge and understand the pattern of question properly. They assure you get to see as many test papers as you can so that during the time of exams you don’t panic and create mistakes. For what its worth, they assure you the right quality being received with proper pronunciation help, right grammar classes and proper audiobooks for preparation. They ensure, that every help provided is used properly by conducting timely tests and based upon the same, guiding through the process. Either way, they are best at what they do and if you are lacking time, they are the right choice for approach.